Grace and peace to you. I thank my God always for you in my prayers, praising Him for the privilege of being back with you and for you having called me to serve you. Knowing Colin, I am certain he served you well. Thank you for allowing him that great experience. I further thank you for the opportunity I had to be away. I’ve learned a lot, and have hopefully grown. You may be wondering what it was I’ve been doing these past six weeks. I attended the Air Force Chaplain Corps College for basic chaplain training. Some of the highlights of the course include the following:
– Solution-Focused Pastoral Counseling—I learned skills in helping others find solutions to their problems.
– Leadership Skills Training
– Sexual Assault Awareness and Domestic Violence Pastoral Response Training
– Marriage Care Counseling
– Crisis Response—I learned to operate in a field environment to those in crisis in both combat and disaster scenarios.
– Preaching to a diverse group of Protestant Chaplains to include Lutheran, Episcopal, Anglican, Unitarian, Fundamentalist Baptist, Evangelical Alliance, and Seventh-Day Adventist
– Ministering to enlisted Chaplain Assistants alongside Catholic priests, a Jewish Rabbi, and various aforementioned Protestant ministers.
– Preaching one Sunday at the church I was ordained in, at Charleston, SC.
– And I promoted to Captain!
Thank you again for this enriching opportunity. I hope that this experience proves to be not only beneficial to my ministry to military, but you here at Faith as well.