This year, it is the goal of those of us at Faith to draw deeper in our love, affection, and understanding of God. To aid in that aim, we purpose to read and apply our Bibles through in 1 year. As for reading, please find the Bible reading plan we will go through together here. As for application, come ready to discuss, ask questions, and share impressions of what God has taught you in our Men’s and Women’s groups. Won’t you join us? Here are a few tips and some rationale from Discipleship Journal:
- By reading from 4 separate places in the Scriptures every day, you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of 4 different viewpoints.
- You can begin at any point during the year.
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only 25 readings. Since you’ll have several “free days” each month, you could set aside Sundays either not to read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
- If you finish the month’s readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study the passages that challenged or intrigued you.
- If reading through the entire Bible in one year looms as too large a task, you can alter the plan to meet your needs. For example, you could read the gospels and the wisdom books this year, and the other two categories next year.
- In the year ahead, ask God each day to speak directly to you from the Scripture portions you read. Be expectant, and let your continual exposure to God’s Word reshape your attitudes and behavior as you gain a better understanding of every part of His written testimony to us.