- We are debtors to God
- We are not debtors to our flesh
- If sin controls us, we die in Hell
- If by the spirit we slay sin, we live forever
- If we are sons of God we will slay sin by the spirit.
If you are a Christian, you are different because:
- You have experienced spiritual resurrection
- You have new Ownership
- You will experience physical resurrection.
Main Point: Conversion is an act of God whereby we go from being dead in the flesh to being alive in the Spirit.
- Regeneration Transforms Our Mind
- Regeneration Brings Life & Peace
- Regeneration Brings Obedience
Main Point: Those who are IN CHRIST are saved from the penalty and power of sin.
- What does it mean to be IN CHRIST?
- IN CHRIST we are saved from the penalty of sin (v. 1)
- IN CHRIST we are saved from the power of sin (v. 2-4)