Main Point: Those who are IN CHRIST are saved from the penalty and power of sin.
- What does it mean to be IN CHRIST?
- IN CHRIST we are saved from the penalty of sin (v. 1)
- IN CHRIST we are saved from the power of sin (v. 2-4)
- The Lord of Armies is greater than all earthly powers
- The Lord delivers His people through His messiah
- The Lord saves for the glory of His name
- The Lord saves so that we can trust Him
- In our weakness we step out in faith (c. 31-33)
- In our weakness we point to the Lord’s power to deliver (v. 34-37)
- In our weakness we rely on the Lord’s power to deliver (v. 37-40)
- In our weakness Jesus is the greater David.
- Saul and Israel’s Situation is Mankind’s Plight- We need a Messiah like Jonathan.
- We must not be like Saul.
- We need to be like Jonathan.
- We need a savior. (v. 1-4)
- God’s Spirit filled King will bring deliverance (v. 5-10)
- The Lord brings salvation! (v. 11-15)
Listen to more Sermons Here.
1 And Hannah prayed and said,
“My heart exults in the Lord;
my horn is exalted in the Lord.
My mouth derides my enemies,
because I rejoice in your salvation.
2 “There is none holy like the Lord:
for there is none besides you;
there is no rock like our God.
3 Talk no more so very proudly,
let not arrogance come from your mouth;
for the Lord is a God of knowledge,
and by him actions are weighed.
4 The bows of the mighty are broken,
but the feeble bind on strength.
5 Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread,
but those who were hungry have ceased to hunger.
The barren has borne seven,
but she who has many children is forlorn.
6 The Lord kills and brings to life;
he brings down to Sheol and raises up.
7 The Lord makes poor and makes rich;
he brings low and he exalts.
8 He raises up the poor from the dust;
he lifts the needy from the ash heap
to make them sit with princes
and inherit a seat of honor.
For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s,
and on them he has set the world.
9 “He will guard the feet of his faithful ones,
but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness,
for not by might shall a man prevail.
10 The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces;
against them he will thunder in heaven.
The Lord will judge the ends of the earth;
he will give strength to his king
and exalt the horn of his anointed.”