- Summary Statment v. 1
- Giving to the needy v. 2-4
- Prayer v. 5-15 The Lord’s Prayer v. 9-15
- Fasting v. 16-18
- Motivation v. 19-21
Our life must be marked by:
- Vengeful generosity
- Love for enemies.
As Followers of Jesus:
- We don’t to lie
- We don’t deceive
- We don’t swear oaths
- It’s not just about what you do
- Purity is the priority
- Marriage is not malleable
- What is commonly believed is this: Anger is OK, Murder is not. (v. 21)
- But Jesus teaches us this: Anger in every form is the same as Murder. (v. 22)
- Application- Reconcile with your Brother. (23-26)
- Application- Settle conflict with unbelievers. (v. 25-26)
“We must not think that because we are not on death row, we do not deserve to be. We may not have murdered anyone, but we may have allowed anger toward another person to feed a root of bitterness in our hearts. Perhaps it is time to kill the root and restore the relationship. Until we do, we are the offender in need of the very mercy we are withholding.” – Daryl Crouch.
(I apologize for the mistake- Daryl Crouch is a he not a she).