- The Request of David v. 4-8
- The Response of Nabal v. 9-11
- The Reaction of David v.12-17
- The Reverence of Abigail v. 18-31
- The Renewal of David v. 32-35
- The Retribution of God v. 36-38
- Only a longsuffering savior is worthy to be king
- Trust in God’s sovereignty leads to a radical Christian life
- God’s anointed deliverer is betrayed by his own people but delivered by the Lord
- True Foolishness is expressed in rejecting God’s king
- True Wisdom is expressed in embracing God’s king.
Main Point: Since God is for us, nothing/no one can be against us
And this truth bears itself out in three underlying points.
- The Gospel assures us that God is for us
- The Gospel shows us no one can charge us
- The Gospel protects us from condemnation
8:28- The Promise
8:29-30- The Foundation
those whom He foreknew
He also predestined
He also called
He also justified
He also glorified
*The introductory illustration of a building’s foundation found here.