Main Point- Eternal Glory Makes Temporary Suffering Worth It. (v. 18)
- Creation groans IN HOPE (v. 19-22)
- We groan IN HOPE (v. 23)
- Therefore, we wait in perseverance. (v. 24-25)
How is the enemy of God’s People brought down?
- The Right Deliverer v. 12-23
- The Right Perspective v. 24-30
- What is the Sermon on the Mount?
- Starts Matthew 5:1-2
- Ends Matthew 7:28-8:1
- Why study the Sermon on the Mount?
- Christians are set apart by blessings.
- Sandwich- Jesus came to heal us and to call us to godlyness
- 4:23 Jesus was teaching and healing
- Matthew 5:1-7:29 Jesus TEACHES
- Matthew 8:1-9:34 Jesus HEALS
- 9:35 Jesus was teaching and healing
Blessed Emptiness (v. 3-6)
- 3- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
- 4- Blessed are those who morn for they shall be comforted
- 5- Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth
- 6- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be satisfied
Overflowing Fullness (v. 7-12)
- 7- Blessed are the merciful for they shall receive mercy
- 8- Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God
- 9- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God
- 10- Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
- 11- Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
- 12- Rejoice and be glad for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Find more sermons & teaching here.
- We suffer afflictions WITH Jesus FOR the church (v. 24)
- We work to make the word of God fully known (v. 25-27)
- We proclaim, warn, teach. (v. 28)
Our Goal: present everyone mature in Christ (v. 29)
Listen to more Sermons Here.
If the Resurrection is not real: (v. 29-32)
- There is no gain in suffering for Jesus & Suffering is to be avoided at all costs.
- Sin is to be enjoyed.
BUT!!! Since The Resurrection is real (v. 33-34a)
- There is gain in suffering for Jesus & Suffering for Jesus is not to be avoided
- Sin must be eradicated in your life.
Why Does This Matter? – Some have no knowledge of God. (v. 34b)
- Remember: Your labor is not in vain (v. 58)