- What is the Sermon on the Mount?
- Starts Matthew 5:1-2
- Ends Matthew 7:28-8:1
- Why study the Sermon on the Mount?
- Christians are set apart by blessings.
- Sandwich- Jesus came to heal us and to call us to godlyness
- 4:23 Jesus was teaching and healing
- Matthew 5:1-7:29 Jesus TEACHES
- Matthew 8:1-9:34 Jesus HEALS
- 9:35 Jesus was teaching and healing
Blessed Emptiness (v. 3-6)
- 3- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
- 4- Blessed are those who morn for they shall be comforted
- 5- Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth
- 6- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be satisfied
Overflowing Fullness (v. 7-12)
- 7- Blessed are the merciful for they shall receive mercy
- 8- Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God
- 9- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God
- 10- Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
- 11- Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
- 12- Rejoice and be glad for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Find more sermons & teaching here.